Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have been silent....

It has been some time since I have uttered a single thought or opinion from the confines of my Cumberland Patriot citadel. I guess with each Spring rain I cross my fingers and eyes and pray that Cumberland doesn't swell with water and overwhelm the antiquated sewer system. I anticipate that while the value of my home declines and gentle waves lap against my front stoop, I will be equally focused on how loudly I have to yell for help over the sounds of airplanes overhead. Will the Springtime waterway that is Cumberland become yet another place for planes to land? Imagine a smooth water landing in our front yards! A handy place to touch down, hmmm?

Okay, we have a new Mayor but much time is being spent cleaning up his predecessor's mess. I am willing to give him some time to move the needle on our town's issues, but in the meantime we will endure higher fees for everything and perhaps fewer public safety personnel to secure this suburban Garden of Eden. Park Ridge is not a dangerous place to live and I doubt a drive-by shooting will take me out in my driveway, but how fast will an ambulance arrive if I need one?

Just sayin.....

Glad to be back..

The Cumberland Patriot

No comments: